For more than 20 years, Amy Carver has dedicated her legal career to the practice of white collar criminal defense. She began her career as an associate in the Litigation Department and White Collar Practice Group at Ballard Spahr before joining Welsh & Recker in 2004. Now a partner at the firm, Amy represents a broad range of both individuals and organizations. Amy has successfully guided her clients through federal and state grand jury investigations, internal investigations, traditional criminal proceedings and related civil or administrative enforcement actions.
No matter whether the client is the target of an investigation, a witness to alleged criminal acts or something in between, Amy’s vast experience allows her to provide her client with the required expertise to navigate the complex and challenging issues related to government enforcement matters.
Amy’s experience includes defending against allegations such as mail fraud, healthcare fraud, public corruption, insider trading and other securities frauds, pharmaceutical crimes, false claims act violations, money laundering, tax fraud, antitrust, and other business frauds. Her clients have included organizations such as universities and Fortune 500 companies as well as small business owners, doctors, lawyers and executives and directors of publicly traded and private companies in the pharmaceutical, logistics, device manufacturing and financial services industries.
- Representation of numerous employees at various levels of management of several pharmaceutical companies in investigations related to alleged fraudulent promotional and sales practices.
- Representation of a business owner charged with giving kickbacks in exchange for continued business opportunities.
- Representation of an individual in a criminal Foreign Corrupt Practices Act prosecution related to business with government officials in Vietnam.
- Representation of individuals in several insider trading investigations.
- Representation of a sales executive of a generic pharmaceutical manufacturer in a federal civil antitrust action involving allegations of price fixing and market allocation.
- Representation of a university in a state consumer protection action related to allegations of fraudulent data submitted to rankings organizations.
- Member, Women’s White Collar Defense Association
- Co-chair, Small Firm Initiative
- Executive Committee, Federal Criminal Law Committee for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Member, Bill of Rights Committee
- American Bar Association, Criminal Justice Section
- National Association Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Pennsylvania Association Criminal Defense Lawyers
- New Jersey Bar Association
HONORS & AWARDS
- Selected as a “Pennsylvania Super Lawyer” in the area of Criminal Defense: White Collar, 2020-2022
- Recognized as a “Rising Star” by Law and Politics Magazine and Philadelphia Magazine in the area of White Collar Criminal Defense 2005-2014.